Monday, February 2, 2009

Worse than expected

Laura, if you're reading this please do not say anything to any family members. Rick and I will let people know. I'll try to make this brief since I'm a bit emotionally drained. We will get prelim. results from the amnio on Wednesday. However, I had a level 2 Ultrasound today before the amnio and they saw something that was not good. I walked into the appointment thinking I had a 1 in 10 chance of having a baby with Downs and the Ultrasound results yield a 1 in 2 chance. I'm heartbroken. The amnio will tell us for sure. BTW the actual amnio wasn't that bad. It didn't hurt much at all.

6 comments:

megan said...

Oh Jen, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what you're going through right now. You and your sweet baby are in my prayers. Call anytime.

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Jen, I don't know what to say. I will be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Jen, nothing is certain yet. I will pray for you and your family. Any baby would be so lucky to have your as their mother. I know that nothing anyone says can make it better right now. Just know that you have a lot of people out there praying for you. Hugs to you. -Jen

Amber Greenawalt said...

Jen, I'm sending you big virtual hugs and wishing you comfort and peace. I can not imagine what you must be going through but please know that you and your baby are being lifted up to the Lord! Let me know if we can help in any way.

Unknown said...

you are all in my prayers...

Robert, Jennifer and Peyton said...

Big hugs and love to you, Jen; please know you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Wish I was there to help in some way; I'm with you in spirit. Hugs- jen