Thursday, February 12, 2009

More Powerful

There is something that has been more powerful and meaningful to me over the past few weeks than the pain I have been going through. It is exactly the same way I felt when Tyler was in the NICU and when my mom passed away. It is the support I have been receiving. It makes the pain less. So many people, family and friends have said, "Jen, I just don't know what to say." Well, that right there is meaningful. People don't need to say anything. It's just so obvious that they care. I feel badly that my situation has made other people feel badly. I don't like to see other people cry over a situation I'm in. But I thank you for caring.

Whether or not we get a miracle (part of me really thinks we will) I have been blessed in such a way that is stronger than the pain I've felt. The things that have happened over the past few weeks: kind words, looks of empathy, tears, cards, nice e.mails, phone calls, a meal, someone loaning me an awesome book, people sharing their experiences with me, and especially PRAYERS have impacted my life in a way that shows how much people are kindhearted. I always knew that people are kindhearted but this has been especially abundant.

Rick, I feel badly that I've let you down. I've been useless lately. Please do not take this personally. I care about you; it's just that I don't care about the house or laundry or chores. I have been trying (and doing pretty well) at focusing on Tyler, the child that we already have.

Once again, this situation will not break me. Sure, I will have some meltdowns but I'm okay with that. I actually feel pretty fortunate and blessed.

Much love to all of you.

4 comments:

girls said...

Jen, I have not seen you in a long while and I just learned about what you are going through. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Julia

megan said...

Jen, I'm so glad you're feeling the love and support that you've had all along. Now stop telling us not to cry--it means we care!!! Love you, and praying for your whole family.

Jennifer B. said...

Meg, I know that ya'll crying means you care; it's just that I don't like making people sad. :-)

Robert, Jennifer and Peyton said...

big hugs and love, Jen!! When Nic is here this weekend, I'll send some more back with her!! :o) Always thinking of you (and crying!) because I care and don't feel bad about it; we do it because we love you and want to!! Now, let's start planning our Breakfast Club outing!!! :o)