Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Level 2 Ultrasound today

I went to The Women's Institute at CMC Main this afternoon to touch base with the genetic counselor and Dr. Stubbs and to have the Level 2 Ultrasound. I was emotional all day as it was and sitting in the waiting room 45 minutes did not make me feel better. I wasn't happy about that but instead of getting ticked off I cried. Nice.

In a nutshell here is the update: still low on amnio fluid, Kevin has grown and is only a week behind in growth as opposed to 10-14 days like he was last time, He does not appear to have any deformities, there is still an abundance of fluid under the back of his neck, and I could see many neat things on the screen. I could see Kevin's spine so clearly. Dr. Stubbs was so very kind to me and so was the ultrasound tech. Stephanie, the genetic counselor answered a bunch of questions for me. This lady is WONDERFUL. She and I will work together over the phone and in person until Kevin is born and even after. We talked about the possibility of Kevin living and maybe going home with us (in this case Kevin would not live past a few months or a year). I can't get into that right now because it's way too many steps ahead. She said that it is unlikely that he would live to that point.

So,I may have a stillborn child (it's too late to call it a miscarriage) or we may have a later term or full term stillborn or live child that may pass away very quickly. So many possibilities. You know what my favorite possibility is....for God to heal Kevin and for the Trisomy 13 to disappear. :-)

7 comments:

Carainn said...

Amen.

Thinking of you.
sending you a big HUG

megan said...

Praying for your miracle.

Amber Greenawalt said...

Jen, did you ever find out of Kevin has the full, partial or mosaic T13?

Thinking about you and Kevin everyday! Praying hard for a miracle!

Amy said...

I'm praying for your miracle baby!

melissa said...

Jen,

As always..still thinking of you. Praying each day for your miracle..he is amazing! melissa C

Karen said...

Seems like Kevin is strong and defying odds already... praying for your miracle!

Unknown said...

you are so strong. still praying for your miracle. love you.