Tuesday, February 17, 2009

OB Update

A note: this is a bit graphic so please pardon me if this makes you uncomfortable

Had my appointment at 2:40. By then the cramping was worse which I actually glad about because I wanted the doctor to be able to see what I was talking about. The doctor was able to find a heartbeat right away however he said that the cramping was not a good sign. Then he felt up into my cervix and he said that my uterus was expanded (or bloated or something like that). That is a sign that my body is trying to expel the pregnancy. He said that it would be wise to go home and pack a bag and that he thinks I'll need to go to the hospital within 24 hours (more likely tonight). He called the on-call doctor to tell him to possibly expect me. I'm supposed to go to the hospital if there is any bleeding or if the cramping gets worse/closer together like contractions. He said that even though there is still a heartbeat, my body is likely preparing for a miscarriage anyway and that during the miscarriage the heart stops. I didn't know that could happen. Is this all real?

6 comments:

Amy said...

Hugs Jen... I will be thinking of you and praying for you. I know that God will take care of you!!!!! Hugs again!!!!

melissa said...

Thinking of you..praying with you! Melissa C

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Jen-big hugs to you! I am free all morning if you need some hand holding!!!

Unknown said...

jen, call me if you need me. i can be to you in 5 minutes!! don't hesitate. i am praying for you.

Amber Greenawalt said...

Thinking about you Jen. (((BIG HUGS)))

Amy J said...

Big hugs, Jen. Let me know if you need anything.