Saturday, August 1, 2009

Who Knows......

I've taken about a million pregnancy tests in the past four days. Okay, I exaggerate, it's really been about eight and the results are confusing. Any feedback you have will be appreciated. I figured that the positive indicator lines would continue to darken each day or they'd get lighter. No matter what time of day I test, the lines are exactly the same as the first day I tested which was on Wednesday. I'm inclined to think that I'm pregnant but I could also make the assumption that I'm not. I still don't have any symptoms except for some minor menstrual-like cramps. I don't think that means anything either way.

However, reader, you'd be proud of me because I'm actually not obsessing about this. From past experience I know that just when you think you have your body figured out it'll do something off beat! Plus, I think my brain is protecting me from getting excited hence no obsessing. I go to the OB on Wednesday. Until then I've stocked up on my beloved dollar store pregnancy tests.

If I am pregnant at my OB visit on Wednesday, that will be one step of several. We shall see. :-)

5 comments:

Nichole said...

Hmmm. the problem could be the dollar prego tests ;-) Congrats if there is a baby to be, and if not keep your faith, it will happen :-)

Jennifer B. said...

Actually, my friend Megan researched it and those cheapo tests are more sensitive than the expensive. Odd but true.

megan said...

My OB always told me that the color of the lines means NOTHING. It's a positive or a negative. It doesn't tell the level of the HCG, just whether it's at the 25 level or not. So don't stress the darkness of the lines. My dr. used to have to remind me of this over and over as I'd call him every day obsessing over the light/not darkening lines :)

Amy J said...

I agree with Megan... a line is a line is a line. And there cant' really be a false positive on a pregancy test!!! Wishing you all the best! Congrats!

melissa said...

My doctor said..if there is the line..then that means you have the pregnancy hormone and are early pregnant.