Thursday, August 20, 2009

Week 7 Update

I had an ultrasound yesterday. I was not expecting to see the little heartbeat but it was beating like a champ. For the first time, I allowed myself to be happy about this pregnancy. I'm sure you can appreciate that. The tech was even able to tell me which ovary the egg came from which I though was interesting. I didn't know they could see that! I rarely feel anything from my left ovary but frequently feel mild pain from the right ovary. Based solely on that information I concluded that my left ovary didn't work properly. Ha, not the case because this fetus' egg came from the left. Go figure.

I told Dr. Phillips I had stop taking the progesterone gel because it was making me so sick. He wasn't thrilled about that and wants me to back on it. I said, "Can't we check my levels first and if I need to back on it I will?" He agreed to that. That gel makes my pregnancy symptoms worse although I don't think he believed me when I told him that. He said that the fact that the fetus is measuring exactly as it should be and that there is a heartbeat are good signs.

I have another ultrasound in two weeks at week nine. Two weeks after that I'll have the first trimester screening which entails a Level II Ultrasound and blood work. If that screening shows anything alarming I'll have CVS at week 12 or 13. If I can get past week 13 with not indicators of any 'issues', I think I'll be able to believe the pregnancy is viable.

6 comments:

Nic said...

Way to go!! You, Rick & Tyler deserve some good news in the baby department. Keep up the great work!

Carainn said...

Wonderful new.

Amy said...

So... so far so good! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you guys... and praying too!

Karen said...

So great to hear! Keep positive!

Unknown said...

fingers (and toes) crossed!!!

Sandy said...

So happy for you...I will keep you in my prayers