Saturday, August 29, 2009

Burnsville

One of the places we're researching as a possible place to move to is Burnsville, MN. Isn't that funny...Burnsville? We spent about an hour online studying various aspects about it. What a nice little suburb of Minneapolis/St. Paul. We looked at about 25 houses online and they were more expensive than we were expecting but I've been thinking about it and you get what you pay for. We can't expect to live in a really nice town without paying for it. Besides, Minnesota has GREAT public education so we're taking that into account. I need to see what the current statistics are but it's been #1 or #2 in the country for several years. Note to self: It probably wasn't very smart for us to move to NC/SC where public education is not any better than in Arizona! On the flip side, I do believe that no matter how good or bad a school is, it's really the teacher your child gets that makes the most difference either way. You can live in a terrible school district but have a great teacher and visa versa. Besides, I'm not counting in anyone to educate Tyler more than myself. It's my responsibility to be his primary teacher.

We're going to try to take a trip to MN soon so we can check it out. :-)

3 comments:

Karen said...

I don't think I would move somewhere that cold even if Dave got double his salary. Having lived in the south all my life, I can't imagine being in a place that gets that much snow.

Unknown said...

all i can say is BBBRRRRRR!! me no likey the cold!
people live there though : )

~sheri~ said...

I only have one word for you....SNOW!