Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Moving?

Rick and I are toying with the idea of moving. We like the Carolinas but we don't necessarily think we want to plant roots here. Here are some places we're thinking about and we'll do extensive research on: Minnesota, Maine, California (I've already lived there twice and Rick once) or we may even jump ship and leave the US altogether to go to Canada.

Minnesota has always interested me because it is ranked #1 or #2 in education over the past several years. Tyler would be able to have his backyard hockey rink there.

Several things would have to fall in line in order for us to back to California. I really don't see it happening but I'm open to it.

Maine is just plain interesting! Perhaps we should visit first! I remember Rick and I were totally convinced that we wanted to move to New Zealand. Then we went there for a vacation. As the old saying goes, "It's a nice place to live but I wouldn't want to live there!" What culture shock.

Canada...I should pick Nicola's brain about that one. Again, Tyler would be able to have an backyard hockey rink. I think America has lost most of it's appeal.

It's all fun to think about because there's no hurry. We have a stable life here and things are good. Just wondering where we're meant to settle down.

Notice I didn't write that we want to move back to Phoenix? I know, I'm surprised, too.

3 comments:

~sheri~ said...

I'm shocked I thought you guys really liked it there.

Robert, Jennifer and Peyton said...

Wow, that's huge! Since you've lived in CA, you know the cost of living there - SKY high! Just talked to dad last night (he lives there) and said it's NOT good - state in state of emergency, practically - more on that when we talk, but take CA off your list (personal opinion). IL is nice with excellent schools...!! :o) Funny, I'd move back to the Carolinas in a heartbeat, IF I didn't have to uproot Peyton again and say good-bye to the amazing friends here!

Jennifer B. said...

Well, like I said Jen, a lot of things would have to fall into line before we'd move to California. Rick would have to have a very high paying job.