Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Free Prozac

Over the past several days the weather has been like free prozac. My spirits have been lifted! I know we're supposed to have rainy, yucky weather over the next few (several ?) days but I am savoring what we currently have.

I also decided to cut back on my OB and therapist's visits. I was going to the OB each week for a heartbeat check and the therapist every two weeks. I never needed to go to the OB each week but Dr. Phillips (whom originally I disliked but now I like) said I was welcome to come in if I felt it would make me feel better. I thought it would but I think it made things worse. It's a bit difficult for me to be around so many pregnant women in the office and in the hallways.

As far as the therapist goes, I think anyone can benefit from therapy but I'm kind of all talked out for a while. I think I'll just go once a month for now. I can always increase the visits if needed.

Physically, I'm still tired and crampy. What helps is to not to sit or stand for very long. I try to alternate frequently. I went to bed without taking an Ambien last night for the first time in several weeks. I didn't sleep much. Even though the doctor says Ambien is not addictive or bad for the baby I don't feel right about taking is so often.

I'm 23 weeks along and am showing. I received my first pregnant belly feel/pat from a friend today. It was kind of cute. She said, "Hi, Kevin." I still don't feel him move very often. Tyler was moving like gangbusters by this point. I actually feel semi-normal emotionally. I had been a mess for about a month but now it's like the sadness has lifted somewhat.

Granted, this is how I've been feeling over the past few days. It's always subject to change but for now it's wonderful.

4 comments:

melissa said...

I have been thinking of you and your family! Thanks for the update...sounds like you are in good spirits..makes me happy! all my best..melissa c

megan said...

Glad to hear you're feeling well! Missed seeing you this morning, but I understand. See ya soon.

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Yay, Jen! Glad you are doing better!

Amy said...

:) Glad to hear you are feeling good! I'm loving this weather too!