Wednesday, September 2, 2009

CVS Update

My CVS test is on Sept. 15th at the Women's Institute in Ballantyne. This is where I went for my genetic counseling and amneo when I was pregnant with baby Kevin. I've been reading up on CVS and I can't say I understand it 100%. I'm sure if I were Amber, I'd be able to explain it really well. :-) I try to read a lot about it but then I have to stop myself because I get a little upset. It brings back memories of the day I had the level II ultrasound and amneo. Not a good experience just because of the emotional aspect and what I found out. The physical aspect of the amneo was actually easy.

This CVS is different because we don't know that there is anything wrong. It's strictly an informational process at this point where as with the amneo I knew before even going to the appointment that something was wrong. Although CVS will confirm some things within a week of having it done. The main thing CVS confirms or rules out (with a margin of a percentage point) the three trisomys: 13 (what Kevin had), 18, and 21 (Down's Syndrome).

One of the reasons I resigned as MOMS Club President is because I'm experiencing some grief of losing Kevin while I'm pregnant with my new baby. It's almost as if I feel like I'm disrespecting Kevin by getting pregnant so quickly after he passed away. But since time is not on my side by being 37 years old I had to power through to try to get pregnant quickly. The grief is coming out in some ways that are not conducive to leading a Club. I understand if you don't understand. I barely understand myself.

If you don't mind my asking, will you say a prayer that the CVS test goes well and that the results are favorable? Thanks.

7 comments:

Amber Greenawalt said...

Of course we don't mind your asking!! It is the least we can do. We have been and will continue to lift you up in prayer.

I comend your desicion to stap down as MOMS Club prez...You might remember that I resigned early in my second term so that I could focus on my family. It is what I needed to do at the time...your family (including this baby) come first. No one should fault you for that.

and hey listen, sometimes I don't understand all the medical stuff I read let alone turn around and try to explain it well! And I certainly understand about some stuff being hard to read...when I get to the tough parts like prognosis I have to quit and grab some tissues...so know that you are not alone.

This stuff is shifty! Yes there I said it, curse word and all! It's okay to worry, grieve, fall apart. Truth is this atuff changes us forever.

Just know we are pulling for you and baby burns!

The Baur Family said...

Lots of prayers being sent your way! The emotions are completely understandable, I think they would be there no matter when you were pregnant, you suffered a significant loss, and being able to grieve for it is your right! Just know you have lots of support around you and we are all here when you need us!

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Everyone understands. It is REALLY hard to be a Mommy! Especially when you have expierenced a loss. I will continue to pray for you!

Mary Ickert said...

Jen, do not for one second feel guilty for stepping down as pres. You absolutely did the right thing and we all understand. You take care of you and your family and the baby on the way. Allow your self to feel the grief as it comes over Kevin. You lost a child... That is not something you recover from in a matter of months, or even years. YOu hang in there and know we all love you and are pulling for you no matter what!! Hugs to you sweetheart. :-)

Unknown said...

jen, no explainations needed. you take care of you. i will continue to pray for you and with you...

Amy J said...

I have all too well of an idea of what you are going through, Jen. I can't imagine anyone faulting you for stepping down from Moms Club, and if they do, it's their problem.

Here's a book that I felt was a pretty good read when I was pregnant with Maddux so shortly after losing Mae. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0425170470/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=1555913024&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=10QVVKNATZAVFNVQT2A4 I so understand your feelings about it. It's very difficult to be pregnant again after a loss. Big Hugs

Robert, Jennifer and Peyton said...

Yes, like Elaine said, you have to focus on YOU and your family, first and foremost! Big hugs and love, Jen. I've got you down for the 15th and will send positive, healthy baby vibes (and say lots of prayers as usual)!!