Thursday, September 24, 2009

Week 12

I already updated my pregnancy status in FB but I'll elaborate a little more here. Let me just get this off my chest first....if I counted the hours I've spent waiting at the OB's office in 2009 with Kevin's pregnancy and this pregnancy I hate to see what they'd add up to. You're probably going to see me on the news on day with the title of the story "Woman goes Bonkers at Doctor's Office". Okay, that felt good to say. Anyway, a bit of panic set in when the tech was trying to find the heartbeat. She said, "It's still really early, sweetheart." I said, "We heard it at 10 weeks with Tyler." Tears were leaking down both sides of my face as I was lying there. She kept trying and we heard it. Yeah.

Dr. Phillips wants me to come back in 3 weeks provided the CVS doesn't yield any bad results. (The CVS results should be back within one week MAX, maybe a few days sooner.)At that visit, Rick will need to come to learn how to give me the progesterone shots like he had to with baby Kevin. Uggg, a shot in the butt cheek (pardon my familiarity) once a week until I give birth. That stuff is expensive, too. That's okay. If the CVS results are good, we'll finally tell our families that I'm pregnant. Just don't think it's right to tell them unless we have some good news. It's a catch 22 situation. Why hurt them if we don't have to? Although, it's entirely possible Rick's family knows in the even my SIL still reads my blog. Not sure. The wild thing is that we'll be able to tell them the sex! Can you imagine?! Trying not to get too excited.......

I will say that this whole pregnancy stuff has been hard on my marriage. The Kevin pregnancy was taxing for obvious reasons. This one has been hard because I basically go upstairs to rest or sleep the second Rick gets home from work most days. Rick also pretty much plays the role of 'single dad' on the weekends. Again, because I don't feel well or because I need time to catch up on all the things I am behind on from the week. So huge kudos to Rick.

No comments: