Tuesday, September 15, 2009

CVS Today

This posting is kind of graphic but for humor purposes only. If that makes sense...

I can sum up today's CVS test with the following statement, "Just how many things can you put into my vagina? It's not a suitcase that you can stuff a bunch of clothes into."

No, I didn't say that to the doctor but I was thinking it. Probably everyone who reads this post has given birth. We're used to things coming out of us, babies, in particular. But in this case I felt like a turkey being stuffed with dressing 'down there'. Oh reader, I wish I could tell you more but out of fear of grossing you out, I'll stop. Rick watched the whole thing on the ultrasound screen but I took the easier route and got visually acquainted with the speckle pattern on the ceiling.

The doctor said he got a really good sample (which is from the placenta) and wouldn't have to repeat the procedure which they have to do sometimes. Thanks goodness for that. The sample will grow and then they'll test it. We'll get the results in 10-14 days. We'll also find out the sex although as long as it's healthy it can be a purple panda for all I care.

6 comments:

Carainn said...

LOL.

Jen,

I will keep praying for you

Amy J said...

I'm crossing my fingers and toes that you have a healthy, happy, purple panda. :)

Robert, Jennifer and Peyton said...

Purple, panda - you are too funny! So glad you have kept your sense of humor throughout all this! Praying for healthy, normal baby boy or girl - even a panda! (BTW, Pandas are Peyton's favorite animal!) :o)

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Great post! I'll keep all my fingers and toes crossed too! Glad that the procedure is over.

Amy said...

Hoping things are just perfect!

girls said...

Jen,

You are in my thoughts and prayers! Julia