Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Potty, Preschool, and Pregnancy

Here are a couple of quick updates:
Met with Tyler's teachers at his T,W,Th preschool at Central Steele Creek Presbyterian Church. They were so nice. Danelle, a former MOMS Club member's son Jacob, is in his class. :-) I told his teachers the status of potty training, that he isn't fully trained. He is pretty good about going in the potty but he's not at the point he probably ought to be. I was kind of afraid of what they might say but figured it would be prudent to be upfront. They were so kind and supportive.
I was surprised because I've heard at some preschools kids will get kicked out of they have more that a few accidents once they are 3 or 4 years old. Tyler is having a hard time with #2 in the potty but is pretty darn good with #1. I think this is probably normal but honestly I will feel badly for his teachers if they are having to clean up his #2 messes. I told them they can call me and I'll come down and do it. Seriously, I will. Rick will probably chuckle when he reads this because he's the one who has been cleaning the messy underpants. I just can't with being pregnant....I gag and gag.
Speaking of being pregnant, I'm at week 10 now. We still have not told our families yet. We're going to wait and see what the results of the CVS are first. Although if my SIL still reads my blog, the cat is probably out of the bag like it was last time. No one's said anything to us to indicate they know. I was hoping that the CVS results would come within about 3 days, like the amneo with Kevin did, but it will take 10-14 days. I'm surprised by that but what to do....

3 comments:

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Hey Jen! Glad to hear Tyler is doing good in potty training. It will come. Just hang in there! I hope he loves preschool this year too!!

I'm praying for you and hope you hear some good news!!

Unknown said...

you know we loved cscpc BECAUSE they were so warm with the kids. i know you will be happy there!

megan said...

Hang in there with the potty training! Stay consistent and he'll get it. It's totally normal for #2 to come later than #1 :) Hope to see you soon!!!