Thursday, July 2, 2009

That Minty Fresh Smell

I didn't fall asleep until after 3am last night because I couldn't turn my brain off. Knowing that Rick took today off I wasn't too worried about my lack of sleep. Rick is naturally an early riser so I figured that Tyler and Rick could hang out until 9:00am or so. At 7:50am I heard Tyler wake up and I sleepily waited a moment to see if Rick was going to get Tyler. No such luck. Tyler and I came downstairs and there was a note from Rick saying he left early to have new tires put on his car. "Oh, but I'm so tired," I thought.

I gave Tyler his morning juice and put on PBS. I absolutely had to lay down for a little while. I must have fallen asleep, which was a big no-no, only to wake up with a startle a few moments later. I had a feeling that Tyler was up to mischief. I heard his little giggle and knew he was sitting on the staircase. I knew I would find that something was amiss but I was NOT expecting this.....he had two new tubes of toothpaste (now half gone) and a hat of toothpaste! His hair was 85% covered with a tons of it! He also got it all over his body, the walls and the stairs.

I so badly wanted to take a picture of him but I didn't dare because I thought that would encourage him. Off into a bath he went immediately. The bath water was so full of toothpaste that I let the water drain and I filled up the tub again.

Note to self: lock up all toothpaste. hee hee.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hehe too funny! We haven't experienced anything like that because Mason hates to be messy.