Saturday, July 18, 2009

An Evening with a Friend

Yesterday evening I was on Facebook and saw on of my friends was on at the same time. I IM'd her to ask her if she'd like to get together for a quick cup of coffee sometime this weekend. Well, she happened to be available that evening and I asked Rick if he minded if I go out. For the record, Rick is generous in this aspect. He encourages me to get out with friends or by myself at least once a week.

Amy and I met at 8:15pm and sat outside at Starbucks. If you can believe this, I didn't order a drink! We talked and talked. We took notice when Starbucks turned all the lights of. It was MIDNIGHT but it seemed like we were not even there that long!

A bit of side entertainment were cars and motorcycles making all kinds of noises in the parking lots. Remember that kind of thing from high school? I felt OLD because I had not been around that sort of thing in YEARS! Amy and I got a kick out of it. Can you imagine me peeling out of the parking lot in my Honda Civic tricked out with a toddler car seat?

It was a lovely time. I learned a lot of things about my friend. :-) While I try to plan as much of my life as reasonably possible I am also a huge fan of spur of the moment things. Amy, thanks again. I'm glad you were on FB the same time I was and we could meet up.

No comments: