Thursday, July 9, 2009

PetSmart and "The Pigs"

I'm not sure why it didn't occur to me to tap into this free source of educational entertainment (AKA PetSmart) before but better late than never. I dropped of the cat for his $67 hair cut early yesterday morning. Tyler and I went to pick him up later in the day and I showed Tyler the animals: birds, rats, cats for adoption, and guinea pigs. He LOVED this. I told him things about each type of animal and he got a kick out of it when I was scratching one very friendly bird's belly and head. We was giggling with delight as he watched the guinea pigs. He kept calling them baby kittens. I told him, "guinea pigs, Ty, they're called guinea pigs," and he said with excitement, "Hi, the pigs!" It cracked me up.

5 comments:

megan said...

That's one of our favorite activities! We easily spend an hour each time we go--between visiting the animals and watching the grooming. Glad Tyler liked "the pigs" :)

Karen said...

Mason always asks to visit PetSmart whenever we go near it. He likes the fish best. Glad you had fun. (PS... I don't have pets, but $67 for a cat haircut?! Wow! Maybe I should look into this if I ever go back to work. I used to cut my dog's hair as a teenager all the time.)

Unknown said...

we love petsmart and fintastic. free and fun!

Nichole said...

That is hilarious :-)

Jennifer B. said...

Karen, I have asked around and that's about the going rate for a cat hair and nail cut. It's more expensive than dog grooming because cats take a lot longer as they're difficult to work with. I go to Great Clips for a $12 hair cut but my cat gets the $67 hair cut....it's a bit ironic. We'd do it ourselves but we don't want to be scratched to death. hee hee