Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tyler's Nest

Something that really cracks us up about Tyler is the nest he creates in his bed. At any given time there are a variety of toys that he surrounds himself with. There are always books (usually around 6 books) and foam letters of the alphabet. (Anyone who has spent time with Tyler knows of his extreme fondness for the alphabet.)Each night before bed Tyler surveys the room for what he wants to put into his nest. Last night it was a stuffed musical octopus and a fairly large truck. This was in addition to the stuff that was already in the bed. There is barely enough room for him to sleep but he seems to like it that way! I wish he would keep his blanket on him but what to do?!

He's been sleeping with me for the past few nights since he's not been feeling well. Rick goes into the guest room because there isn't enough room for all of us. Tyler takes up 80% of the bed by himself! While I don't let Tyler nest in my bed, I cannot tell you how many times I've been kicked in the face or in the boobs because he's in some sort of funky sleeping position.

No comments: