Monday, January 26, 2009

I think it's croup

Tyler woke up with a barking seal cough last night. I felt so badly for him. I had to look up 'croup' on the internet because I know very little about it. He doesn't have a fever but is still barking a bit. He was acting just fine right before he went to bed and doesn't appear to be upset or anything now. The selfish side of me is like, "Oh man, we have to stay home today!" I think we're probably going to have to cancel our plans for tomorrow. I don't want to make any other kiddos or babies sick.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh yeah, croup usually rears it's ugly head at night. it will probably get worse before it gets better (days 2-3 are the worst). keep a humidifier running but don't give him any meds for the cough. good luck. we'll be thinking about you!

megan said...

Yep, worst at night. Funny that he doesn't have a fever though--my kids usually have HIGH fevers with croup (like 105). I guess they all get it a little differently though. Get well soon, Tyler!

ODonnell Family Blog said...

We always sat in the bathroom with a hot shower running. The steam does help!

Hope Tyler feels better soon!