Friday, January 23, 2009

One in Ten Chance

***Laura, if you're reading this, please keep this information to yourself.***

I went to see Dr. Barkley today regarding the results from my Quad Screening. A lot of you already know that it showed my baby has a one in ten chance of having Down's. Normally, a 37 year old mom would have a 1 in 163 chance. I really didn't walk out of there with anymore information than I had when I walked in (which kind of annoys me) but I do feel a bit better. The nurse who gave me the results over the phone yesterday explained things pretty well but I have to admit that she scared me quite a bit (not her fault). I have an amneosynthesis scheduled for 2/2. It takes a long time to get the results back (3 weeks ????) but it will for sure tell us if the baby has Down's. I want the baby no matter what but I do want to be informed of what is in store for us. The amneosynthesis will also tell us if there are other issues/problems.

Rick went with me and he learned how to give me my weekly progesterone shots. I also had an Ultrasound because they couldn't find the heartbeat with the little machine. The baby was just in an odd position and is fin. It was nice to have the Ultrasound. This makes 3 so far.

I still don't think a 1 in 10 chance is all that bad. We shall see.

1 comment:

Robert, Jennifer and Peyton said...

When do we find out girl or boy for sure??? ON 2/2, too? Always in our thoughts and prayers, Jen. Big hugs, too! Stay positive and think happy, positive thoughts!