Sunday, September 21, 2008

Week in NY

We just got back from a week in NY to visit Rick's family. They live on Long Island and Rick and I made our yearly jaunt into Manhattan. We walked around a lot. There are no photos of this but we walked through Chelsea, NoHo (north of SoHo), and Grenwich Village. We went to Magnolia Bakery (Carrie and Miranda from Sex and the City went there in one episode) for a cupcake. If you'd like some amusement, read the entry I wrote yesterday. We also went out on the ocean on a boat with Rick's sister and her family. Here are some photos of our trip.


This is me at Riverhead Aquarium feeding rays. I touched them a lot and got a big kick out of it!



Rick and Ty at Riverhead Aquarium




Wall Street was on edge this day as AIG was expected to announce bankruptcy and the market closed almost 500 points down the day before! Rick was so glad to be off work that week!




NYC's Chinatown. I've been to Chinatown in San Francisco and LA but had never been to the one in NYC. It was like stepping into China!




Little Italy has been almost swallowed by neighboring Chinatown but here is the NYC Little Italy Feast of San Gennaro.




Tyler is in a tree. Seaford, NY




Rick, Tyler and cousins Brooke(age 7) and Jillian(age 11)




Rick's close childhood friend, Peter and 6 month old Jamie, who he has not seen in many years. Thanks Facebook!




This large pond is right near Rick's parents' house. Tyler kept saying, "Come on kwe-aks (meaning 'quacks')! It was so funny!



Tyler with our friends' children, Sara (age 4) and Dean (age 2).

2 comments:

MELISSA said...

Oh how I miss the city so much!! there si so much to do in n.y.c. china town & little italy are my favorite. Im going there in the winter & cant wait to do some shopping in the city. Where on L.I. does your husbands family live? Wow I lived in valley stream then when i got married I moved to massapequa which is the next town over from seaford. small world

Jennifer B. said...

Hi. They live in Babylon. I totally know where Massapequa is! I know so many people who have moved here from L.I. Tyler's physical therapist is from Levittown. Rick's uncle lives there.