Monday, September 1, 2008

A Cart of His Own

We went to the Big Lots in Rock Hill yesterday. I love Big Lots. Tyler was sitting in the shopping cart, or as y'all say in the South, the buggy, and I could tell he was getting bored. I saw child-sized plastic shopping carts with play food boxes in them. I thought that Tyler could push one of those carts while I pushed mine; we could shop together. In theory, this was a good idea. Does anyone know where I'm going with this? I put him down, showed him the cart, and said, "You can push your cart while Mommy pushes hers." He started to push his cart and then began to run down the aisles while squeeling with delight. I chased after him with my cart. It was actually really funny and I was laughing in between saying, "pardon us," to the other shoppers as cut them off! Every shopper was understanding and smiled except for one old man. Sometimes he ran with his shopping cart behind him dragging on it's side. (I imagined how it would look if I did the same thing but opted to keep my cart in the traditionad position.) Oh, I wish there had been a video camera on us. Oh wait, I suppose the security camera was on. Should I call to get a copy of the tape?!(j/k) Let's just say that I didn't get much shopping done but we had a ball! Guess I should go back to Big Lots alone. hee hee.

No comments: