Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Golden Scissors?

What kind of world do we live in which a cat's haircut cost four times what a person's haircut cost? I am pretty frugal and go to Great Clips for my haircuts. I've had expensive haircuts in the past and have discovered that no matter how much I spend, my hair is simply uncooperative. Why spend a lot when I get the same results as I do when I spend about $15? My cat, on the other hand, gets the treatment royale'. His haircuts cost $65 (including tip)! Now before you jump to a conclusion and think I'm one of those freaky cat lovin' people, let me explain. This is the going rate for a cat's cut. Trust me, I have priced it. I have been told it is because cats are difficult to do, which I believe. At least this includes a bath, blow dry, and a nail clipping. I should also hope that the scissors are made of gold at that price. We get his haircut because he is a disheveled mess otherwise. He sheds enough to make a second cat. The truly ironic part is that we have his fur trimmed so short that he looks totally ridiculous. Seriously, I'll post a photo. We like to get our money's worth!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HAAA! You should see my post where I shaved Figaro myself because I can't stand spending more on her than on myself. I just gave in and had her done at the Lucky Puppy Pet Spa for $60. Ughh.

megan said...

I was going to recommend you take your cat to Salon Jahn :) Elaine sure has a way with clippers....Or Emily is also very talented with the scissors...

Amber Greenawalt said...

You have to go see Elaine's picture of when she shaved her cat! :)

Or when Emily cut Lainey's hair for that matter.

Thanks for conjuring those images. What a good laugh!