Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dog Food, Cat Food, and Tyler

Yesterday Ty and I went to pick up the cat who was being groomed. It was actually $70 and not $65 like I originally thought. Anyway, Tyler is sitting in the cart while I'm talking to the groomer. He reaches over to the counter where a bowl of complimentary large dog biscuits was. He picks it up and proceed to munch on it. The groomer looked at me as if to say, "Lady, your kid is eating a dog biscuit!" All I said was, "That is pretty normal for him." I will come back to this topic in a few moments. (I know my long-time Phoenix friends who are reading this are thinking, "Jen let Tyler eat a big dog biscuit and it didn't phase her?!) I had a reputation of being very qwirky and anal retentative about even the smallest things. I have chilled out a lot.

I'm not sure how my MOMS Club friends view me in that regard but trust me, I'm more laid back. I don't even alphabatize my CDs or DVDs anymore! It sucks because I honestly love putting things in order or sorting things into catagories and sub-catagories. I would have made a good Librarian.

A few moments later we're back in the car. Lemieux (cat) was not happy being in his cat carrier and the way expressed this was to give a pathetic, drawn out, desperate "MEOW" every couple of seconds. Then I start to mimic him and then Tyler laughs at me mimicking the cat. There was about 10 minutes of this and it was really funny. I wish Rick could have been there. On top of it all, Tyler totally laughed at the Lemieux once he saw the cat's haircut. I don't think the cat thought it was funny.

This leads us back to the topic of Tyler and dog biscuits. Oh, this will make great blackmail material when Tyler is a teenager! This kid loves both dog food and cat food. Gross, I know, but it doesn't even phase me because it's been going on for so long. Honestly, we keep the pet foods in the least available places for Tyler to get to them. The kid is too darn smart and manages to get to the food anyway. At least Tyler reciprocates. At each meal we find Ty gently giving Strider and Lemieux some of his food. As long as everyone, especially Ty, is getting enough calories and nutrition then I will not turn into an issue with Ty.

My Ambien is kicking in so I don't even know it this post makes sense. Gotta love Ambien. Ambien is a sleeping aid in case you've not heard of it.

1 comment:

megan said...

I wonder why Tyler loves the dog/cat food so much?! It can't possibly taste better than people food. What a funny boy!