Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Stomach Virus

I had what I thought was bad morning sickness yesterday morning. Somewhere along the line I figured out that it was a stomach virus. I laid on the couch all day yesterday between throwing up. I was basically an absentee mom because Tyler just came and went as he pleased (in the house). He was making all kinds of messes (so would I if I were a toddler who was given free reign). The TV was on PBS all morning and he would 'check in with me' every so often. I kept thinking, "It's almost nap time for him. It's almost nap time for him" He went to sleep at 2pm and I was able to get some good sleep. He woke up at 4:30pm which was coincidentally when I started to get worse and worse. I was throwing up and felt so badly for him because he was screaming. He gets scared when I throw up.

Rick was supposed to come home at 6pm but I knew I needed him sooner. I called and said, "Rick, I'm sorry but I need you to come home right now." He did. He took Tyler out of the house for about 2 hours. I was glad because Tyler had been home bound all day. I couldn't keep any fluids down and was hoping that I wouldn't get dehydrated. I took an Ambien at 8pm, was able to keep it down, and slept until midnight. I woke up hungry. I ate an apple as was thrilled to keep it down. I slept more until 8am. I am over the virus but am totally drained. We're home bound again today. Poor Tyler.

Thanks to Rick for being so helpful, as usual. :-)

2 comments:

Amber Greenawalt said...

Oh Jen, how very awful!! This winter pestilence is dreadul.I hope you are feeling right as rain very soon and that Tyler doesn't catch it! Sending you a germ free virtual hug --Amber

megan said...

Yuck, hope you're feeling 100% soon! I saw your facebook status yesterday and thought it was interesting that you were still having such bad morning sickness :) Hope Tyler stays healthy....
Oh, and kudos for still working on Evites through all of this!!!