Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Past Few Days

Photos will be posted ASAP but here is what we've been doing over the past two days. Rick, Tyler and I drove uptown to see the Bearstein Bears at Founders Hall. Rick and I thought it was lame and Tyler seemed indifferent. However, we did see several kids who seemed to love it. We walked around uptown and then drove around. It was kind of a mini-adventure.

That evening we went to the Billy Graham Library for their Celebration of Christmas. I HIGHLY recommend this. The lights were beautiful and there were free old fashioned horse drawn carriage rides. We walked around the inside of the Graham home that was once on Park Rd but was recently relocated to the Library grounds. There is a prayer garden on the property but I couldn't get a good look at it since it was dark. The thing that touched my heart the most was the live Nativity Scene, complete with one donkey, goats, and a camel who just rested on the grass as if he were waiting for the 3 wise men. This scene of pure hope and beauty made tears flow from my eyes. I felt like I was back in time like a fly on a wall witnessing something I cannot find the words to describe them with. Maybe I'm sensitive because I'm pregnant but that Nativity Scene was so incredibly meaningfully for me. Even though Christmas is over a week away, being near that nativity scene was my Christmas moment of clarity. I think anyone reading this blog would love going to that event. I think it's going on until the 23rd and is from 6-9pm.

Today Rick and I took Ty to Monkey Joe's. We met my friend Joni there with her little boy, Jacob. Rick was so nice. He played with Tyler a lot (I think Rick enjoys bouncing as much as Tyler does. Jacob would join Rick and Ty sometimes and they all had fun. Joni and I got some good chunks of time to talk and catch up.

My dad arrives from Ohio tomorrow so I have to kick it in gear and clean, shop, and so forth so that everything is ready when he gets here at 3pm. Leave it to me to leave all of this to the last minute!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we did the billy graham library as well and it was great. very crowded though on the weekend, so i think we are going to head back during the week.

did you get a chance to see his wife's memorial headstone. it says "construction complete. thanks for your patience." we are all just a work in progress. so cool.