Saturday, November 22, 2008

Damned if I do, damned if I don't

Well, posting the pregnancy news on this blog has blown up in my face. We had not told our parents or other family members about the pregnancy; we wanted to wait until the end of the first trimester since I'm prone to miscarriages. We don't want to worry our family members like we did last time. I told my mother in law about the pregnancy this time last year. She worried about me and was sad when we miscarried. Why put that on her again? Our plan was to tell family members when we felt we were pretty safe to, at the end of the first trimester.

The only people who read my blog on a regular basis are my local friends and a few Phoenix friends. I honestly didn't think I was letting the cat out of the bag to family. A lot of our family members don't use the internet I use my blog not only as a tool to post photos of Ty and tell everyone about the cute things he does but I also use it as a way to write about my feelings.

So today my MIL calls and is quite upset with us that we had not told her. (Someone read the blog and told her.)My husband answered the phone and got an ear-full from her. The ironic thing is that we wanted to tell family members as soon as we found out but there was something inside of me telling me is would be prudent to wait. My great news has turned out to hurt my MIL's feelings. Mom, I know you don't read my blog but us not telling was with good intentions, not bad.

3 comments:

ODonnell Family Blog said...

Man! That stinks!

Carainn said...

OMG.

Sorry this happen to you :(

Just be Happy.

Thinking of you
love Carainn
PS I love the birth date

Unknown said...

okay jen. here's what i have to say about this...

1. you have enough to worry about without having to worry about your mil getting her nose bent out of shape. let it go and don't let it stress you out. she will get over it (she will need to if she wants any part of that beautiful little baby you are baking.)

2. it's your body and your baby and YOU can decide to tell whoever you want whenever you want. when you are the one carrying the baby, you make the decisions and to hell with other people's feelings. it just can't be your problem.

wow. sorry to vent all over your blog, but as you can tell, i have strong opinions about this.