Sunday, October 5, 2008

Little Old Lady

I know that I'll sound like a little old lady saying this but back in the day groceries were not so expensive. Lately, prices have been crazy, nuts, big! I went to Harris Teeter today and was taken aback! I don't usually shop there.

When we moved here almost 2 years ago, I was surprised at the price of groceries in Charlotte. Grocery prices in Phoenix are noticeably cheaper. But I had faith in myself with my method of shopping by buying things on sale with coupons that get doubled and buying meat mark-downs (usually on meats that were already on sale. Well, I still had a much lower grocery bill in Phoenix but what are you going to do? The house I have here would have cost almost twice as much in Phoenix so perhaps things even out.

To my Phoenix friends, I miss Sprouts the most!

Now I have plenty of room for my groceries but they are too expensive to buy. Just kidding. I do realize that groceries and almost everything else is quite reasonable compared to other countries. :-)

1 comment:

megan said...

I agree. I had to call Dave from Harris Teeter the other day because I was blown away by the price of Cheez-Its. He had asked for them and without a sale or a coupon, I just couldn't bring myself to pay the almost-five dollars for one box! Crazy!