Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Baby? Maybe. Maybe Not.

As you know, I have been focused on having another baby. I think about it each and every day. I pray quite a bit and try not to obsess about it because stress does not help the process of getting pregnant! The two miscarriages over the past 9 months have added to the complicity of the situation. However, I can honestly say that I feel blessed in the sense that those miscarriages could have been A LOT worse than what they were.

I have been feeling like the clock is ticking because I'm 36. Today I was looking at my day planner. For several years I have kept careful track of my cycle. I would especially note when I would most likely ovulate. I'm not doing that this month or over the next few months at minimum. I need a break. Poor Rick would probably like a break, too.

The way I figure it, Tyler needs me to focus more on him anyway. I shall focus on what I have as opposed to what I don't have. Whatever happens, I will focus on the positives and not the negatives regarding the size of my family. Besides, I grew up as an only child and look how kick-butt I am! (just kidding)

I feel rather relieved.

3 comments:

megan said...

Sounds like you're in a good place. I'm still praying for you :)

Unknown said...

you know i share your feelings about this. it's so hard to focus on what you have instead of what you don't have. i will continue to pray for peace for you.

~sheri~ said...

Glad to see a more positive attitude about this Jen. I certainly know where your coming from and if I hadn't have made peace about it, I would have gone crazy.