Saturday, March 6, 2010

Tips for my Nips

I wouldn't be me if I were not obsessing about something. I have crossed a few things off my "Items I Obsess About" list recently. I have resolved that I may or may not receive an epidural. That may not sound like a resolution but it is. It translates into that I will go as long as I can and while I hope not to need it, I will accept one if I'm in dire straits.

I also resolved the fact that we will send Tyler to church preschool next year as opposed to the Bright Beginnings program through CMS. I obsessed about that one for about three months. Each and every day, people! How did I come to my conclusions? I prayed. When, oh when will I just learn to stop obsessing and pray instead?

At the top of my obsession list currently is whether or not to nurse. Yes, I have prayed for guidance and for peace about whatever happens. God does want us to be idle either and just wait for an answer to pound us in the head. I've asked MANY people what their nursing experiences have been. I also sent out an e.mail to my gal pals asking them for advice. I've received many wonderful tips for my nips.

Honestly, who knows that's going to happen. I'll give it a shot. I have a breastfeeding book I'm going to get out and begin to read it tonight. I'll continue to pray. I have also sanitized bottles to be ready for formula, too. Whatever happens, I need to NOT obsess about it. I love feedback so if you've got it, give it. :-) Thanks for those who have already.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Love this title!I say do what works best for you and your family..do what will make you a happy a mother! I did breastfeed both my kids for 13 months each..BUT it came REALLY easy to me and I never had any problems. Dont fall victim to the pressure..again do what works for you and if that means trying in and then changing your mind..then at least your tried..right! Some people get so hung up and judge those who dont breastfeed..that drives me crazy. To each theit own..Hugs..melissa C

Unknown said...

jen, you know i nursed both kids and it was my favorite part of having infants. molly was a tough case having been a preemie on a feeding tube and bottle, but brody was born to nurse. he just took to it so well. it is uncomfortable in the beginning, but it gets better if you stick with it. do your best and what will be will be. he'll be awesome either way. good luck!