Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Quick Corey Update

Holy cow! This week has FLOWN by more so than probably any other week in my life. I barely have time to eat let alone blog but I just have to say a few things. I'll have to continue the labor and delivery story another time.

Rick goes back to work tomorrow and I'm nervous.

My energy level is back with a vengince. My whole pregnancy I rested like bang busters and now I barely sit down except to pump. Meals are a luxury, when I take the time for them. Today I finally ate at 7pm with the exception of a banana and my coveted Iced Mocha (decaf, of course) from Starbucks. Ha, I've finally found a diet that will work. hee hee. Good thing for vitamins and drinking tons of water.

A lot of time this past was spent at the various doctors' offices Some for Corey and some for me. We went to the lactation once and will go back in 3 weeks when he's more mature. We went to the pediatitian twice for Corey; just standard procedure for a preemie. He's doing well, thank God. I had to go to the doctor twice for a LOVELY boil on my behind. Isn't that freakin' attractive? It developed while I was pregnant and Dr. Phillips (my OB) sliced and drained it. The darn thing came back hardcore very shorty after I gave birth and continued to get worse once I came home from the hospital. I couldn't sit down except for VERY slowly. Getting up was even more painful. To add to the fun, my swollen ankles and feet became worse after I gave birth and didn't start to subside until Thursday.

Anyway, I went to the OB practice where I saw a different doctor as Dr. Phillips wasn't available. (Dr. Phillips sliced and drained the boil/cyst/whatever it was back in February.) Dr. Demchek did not impress me and it was a total waste of time with the exception of the recommendation that I go to a surgeon. I did that on Friday and this awesome man named Dr. Les Webster totally helped me. He sliced it open and took a cyst-type thing out. It feels so much better. Doesn't this all make me sound oh-so sexy? So imagine me, my big honking boil and my big honking feet and ankles, can't stand or walk for too long and can't sit down! FUN! Those things have resolved themselves. YES!

Corey is wonderful. He's such a beautiful baby. I wish that I had more time to simply sit and gaze at him. I spend quite a bit of time each day pumping breast milk and carefully washing the pump parts! My milk has come in amazingly well. I don't mean to boast, really, but it's been wonderful. I pumped 14 ounces yesterday and 12 the day before!

Tyler loves Corey. I will need to write more about his topic later regarding Tyler, his adjustment to Corey and the adjustment Rick and I are going through with two kids as opposed to one. I LOVE the fact that I can say phrases like my kids or my sons. So much to write but it's time to pump. It's always time to pump. hee hee.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Glad the pumping is going well, but it is time consuming! Sorry about your "issue"... that sucks! So glad you are enjoying that sweet baby and that Tyler is doing so well with him! I know that makes you very happy!

Unknown said...

i hear the joy in your voice for the first time in months... it's so wonderful!!! enjoy this precious time!

megan said...

I agree with Elaine, the joy just oozes out in your words :) You sound so happy for the first time in a while. I'm SOOO happy for you!! Enjoy this time with Corey, as you know it flies by!