Monday, January 4, 2010

New Years Resolutions

I just updated my FB status with this but also wanted to put in my blog.

"Here's my take on New Year's resolutions...if a person wants to make a change (or changes) in his/her life, isn't that change important enough to implement as soon as the change occurs to the person? For example: people vow to lose weight in the New Year but eat like pigs for the month of December."

I think that New Year's resolutions only set a person up for failure almost all of the time. I have experienced this first hand. Year after year my resolution was to lose weight (even when I only had a total of 10 lbs. to lose ((hard to believe, I know)) and I finally realized that losing weight along with any other change I wanted to make were more likely to be achieved right then and there. Why save up several for the New Year? Make small changes that matter now.

No comments: