Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Corey Ryan

Corey Ryan is what we think we'll be naming our new addition. It's not set in stone but I think we're 90% sure. I already call him Baby Corey. Despite the fact that I complain on a daily basis about how crappy I feel the pregnancy is going well. That is a tad ironic, isn't it? How can a person feel so poorly and be doing well at the same time? Nonetheless, the way I see it I only have 11 weeks max left of feeling this way! I realize that I may have many sleepless (or near sleepless) days ahead of me once the baby is born but that surely seems better than feeling badly 24/7.

I go in to see Dr. Phillips every two weeks at this point and I saw him today. He said the baby is measuring exactly like he should be. I have very little fear about this baby being premature. Rick still gives me my shots once a week and I'll get to stop those we week 36 with the shot remaining in my body until week 37.

I'm excited to meet Corey. Rick and I will present Tyler with some new hockey cards the first time Tyler meets Corey. This will be our attempt to soften the blow of Tyler having to share his parents with another person! No, Tyler is NOT happy to be adding a baby to the family. However, if we say, "Look what baby Corey got you, Tyler, more hockey cards," Corey may be in Tyler's good graces from the very beginning. hee hee

5 comments:

ODonnell Family Blog said...

I can't believe you only have 11 weeks left!!! Yay! I wish you were feeling better, but so happy that everything is going well!

girls said...

Jen, I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, but glad to know little one is doing so well. Thank you so much for the card that you sent me....David brought it to me and it is on my shelf here at the hospital. It brightens my room. Take care of you.....

Unknown said...

so happy for you jen and i LOVE the name!!

melissa said...

I love the name..I am so excited for you all. The gift idea is key..it sure worked for Roman. Take care!

Amy said...

Hey Jen! For some reason I can't find your email address ANYWHERE.... I was wondering how certain you are on baby's name???? Just in case I wanted to monogram something???? :) Can you just email back. Don't know if you have my address or not, but it's amymsnyder@bellsouth.net
Thanks!!!!