Monday, December 21, 2009

Potty vs. Party

Tyler has been in a party mode since he went to his friend's birthday party last Saturday. For about a week he kept asking for birthday cake and wanted to know if he was going to a party. This Saturday night we went to a Martini Christmas Party. The kiddos played upstairs while the adults were downstairs. Anyway, Tyler was excited that he was going to another party. Again, he keeps asking to go to parties. The first thing he said to me this morning was, "Mommy, we go to a party?" "Actually, we are going to a Cookie Decorating Party this morning." He said, "I'm ready to go."

I told he we needed to get ready first. A few moments later he said (or this is what I thought he said), "I go potty." I took his hand and said, "Okay, let's go potty." He got mad and said, "I go potty, I go potty!" "Yes, I know you have to go potty. Come on." But he didn't want to go potty; he wanted to go to a party. From my perspective it was cute. From his perspective it must have been frustrating. After all, a party is a heck of a lot more fun than a bathroom!

No comments: