Thursday, December 10, 2009

Full Circle

I'm at about 23 1/2 weeks gestation with my pregnancy. Thus far everything is going really well with the health of the baby. Right about at this same time gestational wise is when baby Kevin passed away and I delivered him at exactly week 24. It's an eerie feeling. Kevin would be five months old but here I am pregnant with another child and Kevin is already in Heaven. This whole experience is both sad but wonderful. It seems like just a few months ago that I gave birth to Kevin when it's actually been nine months!

This baby is ACTIVE. Tyler wasn't as active and I never felt Kevin move. I got some good 4D ultrasound views of him today and some pictures. Dr. Phillips took some sort of sample (like a swab sample) of my cervix. Holy cow, it hurt. Anyway, I'll get those results back next week. The test is to see if I'm leaking any amniotic fluid. If so, that will not be good. I suspect I'll wind up in the hospital if that's the case. However, I'm confident that the test will come back with good results. I also had a separate ultrasound of just my cervix and the tech said that it looked healthy. That ultrasound and the swab test are to help determine the likelihood of prematurity.

I feel like I've been pregnant for months and months and months too long....24 weeks with Kevin, then a three month break of not being pregnant and now this pregnancy. I'm not one of those women who love being pregnant. In fact, I dislike it to the point of almost hating it. This is not to say that I don't appreciate the fact that I am pregnant and have been able to get pregnant. It just takes a toll on my body in such a way that my life revolves around being tired and nauseous. The nausea has subsided for the most part but the being tired part has been in full swing since week six or seven. Women who have told me they love being pregnant I basically want to throw them across the room. hee hee

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so happy that this pregnancy is going so well for you! and i agree with you about women who love pregnancy... i'll toss some for you!

ODonnell Family Blog said...

I'll do some tossing!!! Haha!

So happy that you are doing so well, Jen!

Robert, Jennifer and Peyton said...

Okay, don't toss me across the room....LOVED being pregnant with Peyton and I enjoy this pregnancy - not as easy, but so thankful after so many years of heartbreak that we are finally this far along. So happy that your pregnancy is going well, Jen. I know it's hard in many ways emotionally. I think of you often and continue to pray for Baby Burns and healthy delivery in April! Hugs and love-jen