Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bad Jen, Bad!

Were you guilty of the when you were pregnant with your second, third, or fourth child......picking up your kids? I try to avoid picking up Tyler as much as possible but sometimes I can't avoid it. I had to lift him into and out of the grocery cart just now at Harris Teeter. I also have to help him in and out of the SUV. (I probably should have kept my little Honda a few months longer.) I need to either not take him grocery shopping or have him walk along side the cart. I like to have him in the cart so he can't take off, which he's been known to do. It scares me.

I know I overdid it today with the lifting as I can feel it. I better stop because I don't want to send myself into premature labor. My friend Kat said she went into labor a few weeks early because she lifted up her son.

5 comments:

megan said...

Oh gosh, Jen, if lifting your child is considered "bad" I was awful! I carried around a toddler on each hip during my whole pregnancy with Daniel! Even with the twins when I wasn't supposed to lift anything I carried Emily around till the end. That's just life as a mom! Don't feel bad!

Book Club Girls said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ODonnell Family Blog said...

You know what my advice is going to be....

Oh...that was my comment above. And, yes, I am a moron!

Kat

Amy J said...

I was always told that if it's something you are used to lifting (such as your child) than you are perfectly fine lifting them while pregnant. Yes, you need to lift properly since your back is already under some strain, but otherwise you are just fine.

Karen said...

I did it too as I'm sure most moms do, so don't feel bad! However, I did make Mason start walking up and down the stairs and climb in the car by himself, but mostly because I wanted him to learn some independence since there was lots he was going to have to do on his own once the new baby arrived.

At places like Target or Walmart, you could get one of those big carts with the spot under the handle for the two-seats so he can just walk on and sit down by himself.