Thursday, October 1, 2009

Grief Share

My dear friend, Hayley, told me about Grief Share a few months back. She thought it might help me through the grieving process with Baby Kevin. I put the idea on the back burner but she asked if I'd like to go yesterday. It's being held at Good Shepherd and despite the fact that I didn't feel like going, I dragged myself to it. After all she was willing to drive down Cornelieus to go with me. Let me tell you....it was wonderful.

It's a Christian-based organization that meets once a week for several weeks in a group setting with a facilitator. We have a workbook and watch a video each week. People also get to talk about their feelings just listen. I highly recommend it to anyone who has lost someone they love, even if your beliefs are not Christian. I also went there to help me through the grieving process with losing my moms. Even though she died 3 1/2 years ago I still have a lot of work to do through that grieving process.

I will say that my heart broke as I listened to the group members reflect on their loved-ones who died. However, it was also beautiful to hear about all of the love. That's the thing...we wouldn't grieve if we didn't love.

1 comment:

Carainn said...

Jennifer,
I am so glad you went.
I hope each time you go you find peace.

Thinking of you and looking forward to seeing you soon

hugs Carainn