Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Day Out

Rick took Tyler to school yesterday so I could drive down to Columbia. I went to see the Turner to Cezanne exhibit at the Columbia Museum of Art. The exhibit is a collection of 53 works of art that are normally on display at the National Museum of Wales that were collected by two wealthy sisters (now deceased). Can you imagine once owning three Monets, two Renoirs, a Van Gogh, a Cezanne, a Whistler and so on?

Downtown Columbia is darling and there was a small summer festival. We've been to Columbia before but not the epicenter. I enjoyed walking around the museum looking at the exhibit. On my way back to Charlotte I stopped at Big Lots, one of my favorite places, and then picked Tyler up from school. It was nice being at the museum by myself.

No comments: