Saturday, June 6, 2009

Just Stab Me in the Heart Why Don't Ya

Rick is working OT today and me and Ty have been hanging out at home. I happen to walk past my front door, which has an etched window in it, and I saw my neighbor (directly across the street) sitting outside with her newborn baby. I think he was born two years ago. (Side note: she frequently sunbathes in the driveway or sits on a chair. The husband does it also. They've done this ever since we moved in. Indeed, it's an eccetric thing to do but it was harmless until today.)

Are you freaking kidding me? I have to see them outside all the time now? Stab me in the heart why don't ya? Why can't they hang out in their back yard like most people do? Does it need to be shoved in my face that she had a baby four or five weeks before my baby was supposed to be due?

I have done well at not blaming God or getting mad at him for what happened. But even Job became angry with God. Well, people, I got mad today. The line of a Depeche Mode song came to mind, "I don't want to start any blaspemous rumors but I think that God's got a sick sense of humor..." I also told God aloud, "I am really mad at you right now."

Do I truly think God's playing some sort of sick joke on me? No. Am I mad? Yes. But that, too, shall pass.

No comments: