Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our Little Speller

Rick got out his guitar to play Rock Band a little while ago. Tyler went over to it and sat down to look at it. "g-u-i-t-a-r" we heard him spell. Rick and I looked each other in surprise. I knew that the guitar did not have the word 'guitar' spelled on it but I looked to double check. Indeed, nothing near Tyler had that word on it.

He spells plenty of three or four letter words for us but 'guitar'? That was pretty cool! I've been working with him on sight words on his chalk board and so forth but we've never tackled guitar. I really need to get him on video because it's rather impressive. He can read about 30 words and can spell them also.

One of my favorite things to do when we go shopping is to spell things with him. A trip to ALDI, Wal-Mart, or Harris Teether can be fun. I get such a kick out of him.

For a kid who's in a free CMS preschool because he's "behind" is sure ahead in some areas!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Way to go Tyler! Mason surprises me with the words he spells too. Those two boys are kindred spirits.

Nic said...

Way to go!!! I'm so impressed. He never stops amazing me.