Friday, April 17, 2009

One Month Ago Today

Today is the one month 'anniversary' in which I gave birth to baby Kevin. I can honestly say that I'm doing better than I would have expected. I think that I did a quite a bit of my grieving when I was pregnant with him. That was one of the most difficult periods of my life. It was about seven weeks.That may not seem like a long time but each moment of each day oozed sadness.

Of course, I still have times in which I get emotional all of a sudden. I have to be careful about what I watch on TV or read. I have been focusing on Tyler a lot and savoring each morsel of his personality (except when he screams or whines). That kid is so darn cute. School has helped his speaking immensely and he says new things each day.

Not dissuaded by Tyler's prematurity and 10 week NICU stay, three miscarriages, and Kevin's trisomy 13, I wholeheartedly want to try for another baby. Are you thinking I'm nuts? I did my homework and talked to the genetic counselor and I feel good about trying again. What does God have planned for me and my family, though? His plans may not coincide with my desire to have another baby. His plans will certainly override my own but I admit that I'm not keen on the idea of Tyler being an only child.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I really hope God has big plans for Tyler to not be an only child! Good to see you today!

Nic said...

Way to go on tackling a tough decision. After all your struggles let's hope that things works out for you this time. God knows you deserve a break!

ODonnell Family Blog said...

I so hope this will work out for you! Many hugs!! (((JEN)))