Monday, August 4, 2008

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

"Don't sweat the small stuff" is easier said than done sometimes. When a bunch of small stuff happens over a short period of time, it adds up to a big ache in my st0mach. Over the past two days my patience has been tested because my time has been wasted by other people. This is probably my biggest pet peeve...people wasting my time when there is nothing I can do about it. I truly don't want to turn this blog entry into a @#$%^ session; I just need to vent a little. Don't worry, I'll spare you most of the details.

My time was really wasted at the OB's office today. I went in for a consultation about what the next step is in trying to prevent miscarriages. The doctor was running a whole hour behind but when I signed in and specifically asked, "Is the doctor running on time or is there time for me to run an errand that will take 15 minutes?" I was told, "He should be running on time."This is what gets me, I anticipated that the doctor may be running late and I tried to make the most of my time, which is VERY precious to me, by asking if I could sign in and come back if I was going to wait anyway! I waited an hour. I was angry. All I wanted to do was drop off the backpacks for the Service Project at a location that was only a short distance away.

On top of that, the doctor didn't tell me anything that I didn't know already and could have been told over the phone (it would have taken less than 5 minutes). Megan, if you're reading this, you explained what the next steps would be better than the doctor did so I think I should give you my co-pay of $25!

The icing on the cake is that the doctor said that I had been pregnant with a boy when I miscarried back in November. (He would have been due on July 4th.) They know this because they did a chromosomal test. I know that the doctor didn't do anything wrong per se' but I just really was not prepared to hear that, the way he rattled it off, like it was my blood type or something. I really try to give doctors the benefit of the doubt, try to look at things from their perspective, but that is starting to fade.

Thanks to Karen R. for watching Tyler while I went to the doctor and dropped off the backpacks.

2 comments:

megan said...

I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience!!! Very frustrating. Next time just come to me. :)

MELISSA said...

SORRY YOU SUCH A BAD EXPERIENCE TODAY. YOUWAIT ALL THAT TIME AND YOU WIND UP BEING IN & OUT IN A FEW MINUTES!