Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Month in Review

Corey turns one month old today! We go to see Dr. Smoak for the one month check up later today. When Corey was first born I thought, "Now my family is complete." There is much joy in my heart when I look at Rick with our two boys. Rick and I started off as a couple of mid-20 year-olds in a Charles Schwab stockbroker training class as friends who carpooled together. That was in 1998. Now we've been married for 8 1/2 years and have two children. We have a complete family.

This month has passed by at an astonishing pace and each day runs right into the next. There is no going to bed for several hours each night and beginning a new day the next. Actually, I feel like it's all one big Ground Hog Day. But this too shall pass, as the saying goes. I wouldn't change it. I'm tired but that's okay, Rick is so very, very helpful. He's more helpful than one can imagine and I am grateful for that.

Corey has gotten chubby cheeks and I've noticed eyelashes and eyebrows that have started to come in over the past week. He's a perfect, beautiful baby. He could be the next Gerber baby. Rick and I get worried about his excessive gas and his breathing sounds. My brain tells me that those two things are normal but my heart disagrees. I'll ask Dr. Smoak about those concerns.

I know I've thanked you over and over, Lord, but let me thank you again for my family and my newborn baby boy, Corey.

1 comment:

megan said...

I know the sounds you're talking about, and Lexi made the same ones. For her it was VERY mild acid reflux. Nothing major, she just sounded really congested when lying flat to sleep. Instead, we had her sleep in her bouncy seat or carseat for the first several months and it worked great! Glad to hear you're so happy and content. Corey is a doll!