Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Corey at 7 months

These are Corey's 6 month portraits taken in September.








It's been so long since I've blogged that I nearly forgot my password! These past months have gone by so quickly. Corey is growing like a weed and is trying to keep up with his brother. I'm already saying something that I didn't think I'd say for at least another 6 months, "Tyler, share your toys." People forewarned me that second children typically develop faster in an attempt to keep up with their older sibling. Holy cow, that's true!!!!

Tyler says something that completely cracks me and Rick up, "My baby's not sharing." What he means is, "The baby keeps trying to take my football men (like action figures) and I don't want to share them with him." This is a daily struggle because those football men are not safe for Corey to play with. Sometimes Tyler simply goes upstairs to play with them. Who can blame him? Those are his most special toys.

Corey also loves the power cord to my computer. Yikes. I have to put it away whenever I'm not using it.

At 5 1/2 months old he started to army crawl. It appeared that he'd regular crawl at any second. Funny enough, like 2 days after he turned 7 months old he started to regular crawl. And this kid is fast! I guess I'll have to mop the floor on a regular basis now. LOL. He's still receiving breast milk as I pump twice a day now. He also eats about one jar of baby food a day. The rest of his diet is formula. I feel good that he received breast milk exclusively for many months but I just couldn't keep up the several pumping sessions a day.

If he'd only sleep through the night. It would be okay if it were just one time a night but it's not uncommon for him to wake 2-3 times a night to eat. I'm doing some sleep training with him currently. There's just no reason he can't sleep through the night. He's not underweight; he doesn't need to eat so frequently. He's in the 50th percentile for both height and weight. Not too shabby for being 4 weeks early!

2 comments:

megan said...

I've missed you, jen!! Both in the blog world and in person :) I'm so glad Corey's growing and developing so well. So cute. Good luck with that sleep training!

melissa said...

What a sweet face! melissa C