Monday, February 22, 2010

It's Official

It's official. I have turned into one heck of a miserable pregnant woman. I like nothing about it, not even the kicking. I hate how tired I am. My ankles are HUGE, my nose is stuffed up (but thank you over-the-counter nasal spray even though I've used you so much you don't work well anymore), I always have some sort of pain in some part of my body, I use the restroom at least once an hour, I have little to no desire to do anything, my poor husband does well more than his fair share of everything, I can't bend over, I only have two pair of shoes that fit (and sort of at that) and the worst part is that I feel like this is never going to end.

Keep in mind that just because I loathe being pregnant it has nothing to do with the fact that I appreciate that God has blessed me and Rick with another child. I envy (but am not jealous of, there's a big difference) women who like being pregnant and have good pregnancies. Tyler's pregnancy wasn't so bad at all. I didn't particularily like it but I can't say I disliked it. The only thing that has kept me from going 100% crazy is that I repeat over and over, "I will feel so much better once I give birth." That's what happened with Tyler. In fact, I was on a hormonal high for a few days. You can't buy a better high than that. Granted, I had to hide my elation seeing that Tyler was in the NICU and my mom was in the ICE! It just goes to show you how much our bodies can be in total disagreement with our circumstances.

I feel a lot better now that I've vented.
"It will get better once I give birth."

1 comment:

megan said...

Yes, it WILL get better!! I was so miserable at the end of my twin pregnancy that after giving birth, literally an hour after, I RAN through the hospital halls!! I felt like a new person!!! I hope you have that same experience :)